Thursday, May 22, 2008

What an AMAZING Week!

Earlier this evening, I arrived back home to three sets of open arms ready for hugs after my being away since Sunday morning. Several times a year, I take a week away from the studio to go and study under some pretty amazing photographers. This past week, I was immersed in a sales & marketing class and I was so inspired and have so many incredible ideas that I can't wait to implement. We went full force for all 5 days and I can honestly say my brain hurts, but in a very good way!

We had an incredible group of about 16 in our class and I think we all learned something from each other, at least I know I learned something from each of my classmates. I made some great new friends and really just look forward to watching everyone grow after this intensive experience.

Okay, before you think that we did nothing but sit in a classroom, I just have to tell you about some of the "field trips" we made. One day was to the local mall. Cool, shopping, huh? Well, not really. We visited some stores such as Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, Victoria's Secret, and Origins and really got to look at how they brand their business and carry that branding through everything they do, from hangers, to packaging to the total experience.

Last night, we had an awesome field trip to the hotel's lounge to study wine labels and how the label itself, including the logo, the wine description, etc., can really tell you about the experience you may have when you open that particular brand. Cool stuff, huh? We all loved it.

What week long class wouldn't be complete without a fun celebration at the end? After the classes were over last evening, we all headed to the ball room area for a fun 70's party. There was a lot of dancing and just letting the hair down and there were quite a few people dressed up in 70's style clothing! I didn't dress up in any themed clothing, but you probably would have had a hard time pulling me off the dance floor!

And what a way to wind down each night, but to sit out on a balcony in your ocean view room while there was a full moon. Amazing. I did take some photos, but I haven't taken them off the camera yet. Tonight, I just vegged and tried to let my brain relax...plus, the season finale of Grey's Anatomy was on, and I couldn't miss that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! Missed ya!