Saturday, May 17, 2008

Phase I of Studio Renovations is DONE!!!!

You have no idea how excited I was at 1:00 AM this morning when the last full row of wood floors were put down in the studio! There's still one more 1/2 row, but it was way too late to be running the circular saw! I don't think the neighbors would have appreciated that. This project was all about blood, sweat and tears (well, the only blood was from a small scratch, so nothing major there).

I must say I was a little stressed this week trying to get it done before the maternity session this afternoon. The camera area was done, but the waiting area was still sporting a concrete floor at 5pm yesterday afternoon. When Karl got home from work, I put him to work and together we finished the last 10 feet of the studio. I had never before tiled or put down wood floors so it was a huge accomplishment for me, but they look great and Phase I is 99.9% done. Just have to put the grout in the tile and add the transition pieces from tile to wood!

The next phase is painting and the final phase is putting the baseboards back up. So, if you're coming for a session in the next few weeks, you might still see a work in progress. I just can't wait for the studio to be complete! Then comes the floors in the living area of the house...oy...

Here are a few snapshots. Don't mind the bare walls, everything was pulled down for the renovations. Just a few easels were put up before the session today and the camera area has to be rearranged once everything is finished.



1 comment:

Kate & Gabe said...

Looks amazing! I especially love the picture of the beautiful little model in the background. :)