Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Studio Renovations and more...

I can't tell you how very excited I am! The studio is getting a BIG facelift! After a newborn session last weekend, the studio floors were torn up and are in the process of being replaced with beautiful wood flooring and a new tile entrance! I am doing this myself, mostly when my hubby is at work - he does help out when he gets home, too. I was hoping to post some quick snapshots and I promise I will later this week, but between laying the floors during the days and attending a few workshops this week in the evening, it just doesn't seem there are enough hours in the day to even get those snapshots off the camera!

This has been a really busy week trying to get all of this done before a maternity session this coming Saturday, then it's off to Daytona for a week to attend a week-long class on sales & marketing with a very successful photographer. I have been waiting a year to attend this class! :) This is a week-long school offered one time per year for members of the Florida Professional Photographers (FPP). I cannot wait!

I'm also excited to be teaching a workshop tomorrow evening as part of a series of mini-workshops that our local photography guild offers to its members. My class is called "More than F-Stops" and it's all about the very technical side of photography. I am so delighted to share this knowledge with fellow photographers! I will be co-teaching this with a fellow photographer from our local guild!

So, lots going on this week, but wanted to take a few minutes to at least give an update on what we've been doing! Keep your eyes out for some of the renovation snapshots!

No comments: