Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Little Girl is a Teenager


Thirteen years ago today, after 24 hours of labor, my little girl came into this world. Then I held the most beautiful little girl in the world in my arms for the first time. I named her Mikaela Taryn.

Looking back, it's hard to believe that 13 years have gone by. It has been such a great journey watching her grow to the young lady she is today, passionate about writing, about art, about her close friends. This Saturday she has invited only her closest friends to celebrate with her in a Girlfriend's Day Out.

Tonight we will be celebrating with her favorite type of cake that Ean and I will be making today ...a dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate icing - she definitely inherited her taste from me! ;)

She woke up this morning and asked to open just one gift before school started. She decided she wanted to dress up for school today, too, something she doesn't normally do.

I'm just so proud to call her my daughter.

1 comment:

Kate & Gabe said...

Happy Birthday Mikaela! I hope she had a wonderful Girls' Day Out with her friends. :)